Thunderbird with SSL IMAP and OpenPGP Email
HOWTO setup Portable Thunderbird 3.1.4 with OpenPGP
How to download and run Rayservers Portable Thunderbird on Windows
- Click here to download Rayservers Portable Thunderbird, save to your Desktop, extract to Desktop.
- Doubleclick the extracted Rayservers folder, then double click ThunderbirdPortable.exe to launch . Screenshot 1
- READ the rest of this page and follow the instructions.
Post INSTALL - One Time Configuration of your Email Settings
Go Tools -> Account Settings and replace ChangeMe@rayservers.net with your email address. Screenshot 2
It occurs in the following places:
- You may have to set the GPG.EXE path in OpenPGP -> Preferences Screenshot 7
- Create a GPG Keypair: OpenPGP -> Key Management -> Generate -> New Keypair. [Screenshots 5 ,6 ]
- Right click on new key -> Upload public keys to keyserver
- Send one signed clear text message to similarly equipped correspondent. Keys will automatically exchange via key server. Subsequent emails are automatically encrypted.
More information on the wiki. [Wiki shows version 2.x screen shots]