How to add the Rayservers CA to Firefox and Thunderbird
17.01.2010 23:08 in technical-notes
The Rayservers CA provides a hassle free 10 year SSL 2048 bit RSA, 256 bit AES certificate.
For Firefox, simply click on the link above in Mozilla Firefox and check the three boxes in the pop up. Screenshot
To import the Rayservers CA into Thunderbird
Right Click [Control-Click on Mac] on the link above in Firefox, choose Save Link As and save the file to Desktop.
In Thunderbird, go to the preferences/options menu.
On Linux, the preferences menu is in Edit -> Preferences. On Windows Tools -> Options. Screenshot below.
Then Preferences -> Advanced -> Certificates -> View Certificates -> Authorities -> Import.
then select the file you downloaded to the desktop. Screenshot below.
Make sure you check the trust boxes as you did in Firefox.
Please note: We do NOT recommend Internet Explorer or the Windows platform if you work with value.
- Open the
- In the pop-up window, click Install Certificate.
- The Certificate Import Wizard will then display.
- Do NOT click on the default option, Automatically Select the Certificate Store.
- Instead, select Place All Certificates In The Following Store.
- Click on Browse, then select in the drop-down box Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click Next, then click Finish.
- A pop-up window will open asking if you want to install this, with warnings. Select Yes.
- You should then get a pop-up confirming the import was successful. Click Ok.