28.12.2011 14:45 in inspiration
- What are you doing out here?
- I'm thinking, writing,
- It's 30 degrees, it's the middle of the night,
- I know,
- Well, aren't you cold?
- Of course I am, I'm freezing my ass off.
- So what are you doing out here?
- It's too hot in the house, the radiators clank and I couldn't concentrate,
- I've been calling and calling, did you not get my messages?
- It's a distraction, I didn't know what was going on, I had to drive all the way out here,
- I can see that, Why don't you answer the phone?
- I'm sorry, but it's a question of priorities, and work takes priority, You know that,
- You're working?
- Goddamn it! I'm working!
I mean, I say "I," machinery, the machinery's working, it's on full blast, all the cylinders are firing,
I'm on fire, that's why I came out here to cool off, I haven't felt like this for years,
- You're kidding
- I don't believe it,
- I don't believe it either, but it's true, it started about a week ago,
I woke up, I came downstairs, made a cup of coffee, before I could pour the milk in, it was like
someone turned the light on in my head,
- Not the light, the whole grid, I lit up!
It's like no time has passed since I was 21,
- You're kidding me
- No, I'm back, I'm back, In touch with the source!
The font, Whatever the source of my creativity was
all those years ago, I'm in contact with it,
I'm sitting on it, It's a geyser, and I'm shooting up in the air on top of it,
I'm not talking about divine inspiration, It's
not funneling into my head, onto the page,
I'm not saying it won't be a lot of work,
It will be, a tremendous amount of work,
It's not gonna be easy,
But the raw material is there,
I see places for the work to go,
I'm gonna get whole branches
of the profession talking to each other